The story (so far)

I created this blog to recount a fantastic journey I recently undertook with my father, to visit our family's place of origin. My grandfather, Joseph Schechter, was born in a small village in a province of the Austro-Hungarian empire known as Galicia. This area is now divided between Poland and Ukraine. In October, 2010, my father and I traveled to the city of L'viv in order to find this village, and learn a little bit about the lives of Jews here prior to World War II. I took multiple photographs, and kept a journal (handmade by Kristen Crane). What you'll see here are transcriptions of my journal entries.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 1 - Flight to Warsaw

October 9, 2010
Dad seemed let down by the quality of LOT Airline's service in business class (the seats didn't recline flat...) but despite that, and the fact that I didn't really sleep at all, the 8 hour overnight flight seemed quick and easy.
the airplane
Adjusting to the time change is tough, and I'm operating on very little sleep. My plan, since we arrived at 9 AM local time, is to try to push through today and crash early.

No comments:

Post a Comment